[News] Denmark to Reconsider OOXML/ODF Stance After Syatematic Microsoft Stacking

  • Subject: [News] Denmark to Reconsider OOXML/ODF Stance After Syatematic Microsoft Stacking
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 05:23:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Denmark: OOXML vote won't affect public sector

,----[ Quote ]
| But Denmark's decision to support OOXML has stirred opposition. The Danish
| Unix Systems User Group (DKUUG) has a complaint pending before the European
| Commission charging that support for OOXML unfairly favors Microsoft,
| violating European competition law.
|
| They're asking the Commission to nullify the Danish mandate. If local
| governments choose OOXML, "then there is only one company that has a fair
| chance," said Keld Simonsen, vice chairman of DKUUG.
|
| The Commission has not asked Denmark for input as of yet on the complaint.
| But Lebech said the complaint appears to ignore that local authorities can
| also use ODF.
|
| "We want to move toward open standards, but we cannot change the public
| sector overnight," he said.
|
| Denmark plans to have a third party evaluate the decision to use both ODF and
| OOXML in February 2009, which could result in a change of strategy, Lebech
| said.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/02/27/OOXML-vote-won%27t-affect-Denmark-public-sector_1.html

Many examples available of stacking. Below are just a few. Not much has changes
since Bill Gates blackmailed the Danish government.

Related:

OOXML News From Denmark

,----[ Quote ]
| It appears that pressure was put on partners there as well, although
| Microsoft denies that was the intent.

| Re: In Denmark, Microsoft has 2 out of 4 votes
|
| InzpektorInzpektor 18 Feb 2008, 15:20 BST
|
| The Danish delegation for the BRM will consist of:
|
|     * IBM
|     * Dansk Standard (the national standards body)
|     * Microsoft - Themselves!
|     * Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Ciber A/S
|
| So, I guess that means that the Danish votes are a tie. (Ofcourse with the
| national standards body being the joker here :-) )
|
| Reference:
| http://www.ds.dk/3537 (In Danish)
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-41947/microsoft-s-wikipedia-editor-goes-to-the-brm-to-represent-australia

The Microsoft OOXML ‘Corruption Train’ Reaches Denmark

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/07/27/denmark-ooxml/