[News] Many Volunteers Build Linux PCs for Schools, Fedora Has "Getting Involved Guide"

  • Subject: [News] Many Volunteers Build Linux PCs for Schools, Fedora Has "Getting Involved Guide"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:02:16 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Computer center rebuilds gear — and staffers' lives

,----[ Quote ]
| Burgett's company takes in old computers and installs Linux, a free open
| source software. The computers are made desktop-ready with an entire
| word-processing spread database and a Mozilla Web browser.
`----

http://www.insidebayarea.com/trivalleyherald/localnews/ci_8427887

More on volunteers:

Fedora, Getting Involved Guide (GIG)

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently, I’ve been very interested in getting involved more and more with
| the Fedora Project.  In fact, the latest project in which I’m involved, the
| Getting Involved Guide (GIG).
`----

http://fedora-tutorials.com/2008/02/28/fedora-getting-involved-guide-gig/

Days ago:

New Fedora Chair plans to remove obstacles for volunteers

,----[ Quote ]
| "The job is to remove obstacles in the way of the community," says Paul W.
| Frields, speaking about his new position as Fedora Chair. After only a few
| weeks in the position, Frields is still learning his way around and getting
| to know his colleagues, but already this vision is a common refrain in his
| comments, underlying all his comments about what he hopes the Fedora project
| will achieve while he is coordinating its efforts.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/127802

Fedora on the Final Frontier

,----[ Quote ]