Re: [News] More Bits of Coverage of Microsoft's Anti-GPL Announcement from Thursday

* [H]omer peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Yes I'm sure that much of the Vole's patent posturing is defensively
> motivated, but so much of what they do is aggressive that it's hard to
> know where to draw the line.

I agree.

> It's just safer to assume that their intent is malevolent. Always.

I agree.

> Their base ideology is fundamentally corrupt, so
> anything built on that foundation will be tainted by that corruption.
> And it's not like they try to hide it either. There are no conspiracies.
> Microsoft don't need conspiracies; they are openly and brazenly evil.

As a corporation, I agree.  Europe understands it.  Britain and the U.S.
don't.

--
The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to
factor large prime numbers.