Re: [News] More Bits of Coverage of Microsoft's Anti-GPL Announcement from Thursday

Linonut wrote:
> * [H]omer peremptorily fired off this memo:

> That being said, I recall Gates "prediction" about software patents
> freezing innovation, and believe that Microsoft has acquired a lot of
> patents solely as a defensive maneuver.
>
> Of course, they will undoubtedly seriously consider using them on OSS
> where it intersects with powerful business interests.

Yes I'm sure that much of the Vole's patent posturing is defensively
motivated, but so much of what they do is aggressive that it's hard to
know where to draw the line. It's just safer to assume that their intent
is malevolent. Always. Their base ideology is fundamentally corrupt, so
anything built on that foundation will be tainted by that corruption.
And it's not like they try to hide it either. There are no conspiracies.
Microsoft don't need conspiracies; they are openly and brazenly evil.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8

 17:50:48 up 71 days, 15:26,  4 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.08, 0.09