Re: [News] Yet Another New GNU/Linux PC Hits the market

____/ Linonut on Saturday 01 March 2008 16:40 : \____

>> $599 Linux Desktop
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Nebtrex are please to launch the new Altair personal desktop computer. This
>>| feature packed product has a RRP of $AUS 599.00 (without monitor). The
>>| Altair's OS is based on Fedora (Linux), suitable for both office and home
>>| use markets. We believe this product will surprise all users with its easy
>>| to use interface, extensive range of default installed applications, remote
>>| web based system administration interface and much more.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;689587501
>
> Altair?
>
>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altair_8800
>
> I'll bet you could get Linux to fit on it <grin>.

Apple //c as a Dumb Terminal to my Mac mini

,----[ Quote ]
| The //c spends basically all of its time serving as an IRC chat terminal,
| displaying a shell session of either irssi or Rhapsody, both terminal-based
| IRC clients, running on my remote Linux server by way of a secure shell
| connection. It's a rather abstracted approach, but it's great to twiddle
| the //c's keys in a meaningful way every workday.
`----

http://www.bytecellar.com/archives/000113.php

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reversi for Linux/Win32: http://othellomaster.com
 18:05:01 up 37 days,  3:59,  3 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.80, 1.09