Re: [News] Fortune 500 Company Moves to Ballnux, Novell Still Foolish

____/ 7 on Tuesday 18 March 2008 23:03 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Western & Southern Life Chooses SUSE Linux Enterprise From Novell
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Novell today announced that Western & Southern Life, a subsidiary of
>> | Fortune 500 financial company Western & Southern Financial Group, has
>> | implemented SUSE(R) Linux Enterprise Server from Novell(R) in each of
>> | its branch offices for 25 percent of the cost of an equivalent
>> | proprietary
>> |                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> | solution.
>> | ^^^^^^^^
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www
> story/03-18-2008/0004776177&EDATE=
>

> Any of the top executives thinking of fleeing novel/micoshaft axis
> to set up a rival anti-novel/micoshaft company need only produce
> headlines like this and put in front of investors.
> Thats all potential sales for a rival.
>
> No venture capital company will refuse them funding.
>
> But take care - make sure the investors are fully screened and welded tight
> to NDAs and use good lawyers. There are always micoshaft bums
> and other big corps out to stifle rivals at times like this.

I think these companies can later migrate to something like Debian and give
Microsoft/Novell the middle finger. That said, we need to remove that disease
called Mono. Microsoft tried to spread its so-called IP into other GNU/Linux
distributions.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men
Mem:    515500k total,   445548k used,    69952k free,     8220k buffers