Re: Linux Hardware Compatibility Beats Mac OS X (and Vista, of Course)

____/ William Poaster on Monday 17 March 2008 23:48 : \____

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> Troll Johnny Rocket wrote:

>>> The linux virus compatibility sure is great. I'm running
>>> Ubuntu but your website (www.Schestowitz.com) infected my
>>> Ubuntu machine with a nasty trojan virus that tried to steal
>>> my personal information including bank account numbers and
>>> passwords. I had to reformat the drive to get rid of that
>>> nasty malware.
>>
>> Horse pucky.  I'm using Ubuntu and visited Roy's site also.
>> Guess what happened?  Nuttin', honey.
>
> I run Kubuntu 7.10 on another machine.
> I went to Roy's site too, & absolutely bugger all happened!

I'm gradually moving the site to a separate server. Whatever is behind these
attacks, it's a real bugger.

>> Next time fer cryin' out loud, New Yorker, try to be more
>> original (which BTW is next to impossible for trolls and
>> especially for you.)
>
> Yup. Another lame troll from a has-been.
> They just don't make trolls like they *used* too.

Trolls should just get back to their Windows boxes, 40% of which are zombie,
according to the latest from USA today. Forty percent! For the record, in 7
years of running several Web sites on different servers I have not been
hacked. So statistically, I'm doing all right.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | if ("if"=inv("fi")) print("foo/bar")
Cpu(s): 25.5%us,  4.0%sy,  1.0%ni, 64.8%id,  4.4%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st