Re: Is Microsoft So Desperate It Resorts to Framing People?

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 03:48:20 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> The above is a theory, there is a lot of evidence to show it
> (anonymous/pseudinymous characters will soon shout "paranoia" to bury or
> deplete from the messages), but if it's true, it means that Microsoft is
> unable to find dirt, so it's making some dirt up.

Roy, I may be confused, but I thought you described these attacks on your
web sites as part of a much larger problem that has affected many
commercial sites such as zdnet.

I could well believe that some of the people in this group have the
combination of technical skill and bad attitude needed to fuck up your
web sites... but I doubt they are getting a paper bag full of money
handed to them on a park bench.  For a big company, the payoff of such
hijinks is too skimpy to justify the reputational and legal risks.

Charlie