High Plains Thumper wrote:

Then how do you explain,

http://www.notebookforums.com/thread212039.html#post2848803

Posted on  02-05-2008, 08:45 PM

The penguin dons fatigues The U.S. Army to switch from
Windows to Linux:

You can't understand the difference between The Army and The
Navy?

Look at the subject line again.

I'm starting to wonder if HPT is really one of Roy
Schestowitz's nyms. He certainly seems to have a very similar
trait of not proof reading his posts.

You two are riot, really, LOL!

The Army and the Navy are from the same church, dig? It is called the defence department.

But let me remind you again:

http://www.fcw.com/online/news/151858-1.html

[quote]
Navy to focus only on open systems
By Peter Buxbaum
Published on March 6, 2008

The Navy will acquire only systems based on open technologies and standards.
[/quote]

What don't you understand about "systems"? Systems means Open standard OS's like L-I-N-U-X and its B-S-D counterparts, etc. That excludes proprietary systems like M-I-C-R-O-S-O-F-T, O-F-F-I-C-E and D-O-T-N-E-T.

[quote]
Vice Adm. Mark Edwards, deputy chief of naval operations for communications, broke the news March 5 to a Navy IT Day audience in Vienna, Va., sponsored by AFCEA International.

“The days of proprietary technology must come to an end,” he said. “We will no longer accept systems that couple hardware, software and data.”
[/quote]

He said the Navy will no longer accept systems based on proprietary technology. Digame?

Along similar lines, the Army is abandoning proprietary technology with its initiatives.

Very soon, you'll be singing praises to Linux also, just like the military. "Who's your Daddy?"

--
HPT