Re: [News] Linux Might Soon Spread to ALL Russian Schools!!

amicus_curious wrote:

"Moshe Goldfarb" <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:nld6oukrqfv3.k6bb1yxd1ngp.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 00:56:12 +0100, Alexander Terekhov wrote:

LOL.

"Aleksandr Ponosov, a former headmaster in the Perm Region, is a strong
supporter of the move. He was prosecuted for using a pirate version of
Windows on the school's computers.

Bottom line is people would rather go through all the trouble of using
pirated software rather than use free Linux.

That says a lot about the poor quality of Linux and the software associated
with Linux.

Worse. It shows that the best plan that they can come up with is to try to convince all the pirates to use Linux instead. It is hard to see where that really does much damage to Mr. Softee.

http://www.microsoft.com/msft/IC/RiskFactors.aspx
(((((
To the extent open source software gains increasing market acceptance, sales of our products may decline, we may have to reduce the prices we charge for our products, and revenue and operating margins may consequently decline.
)))))

... but most important is the destruction of MS lockin.