Re: [News] Linux Might Soon Spread to ALL Russian Schools!!

Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 00:56:12 +0100, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>
>> LOL.

> That says a lot about the poor quality of Linux and the software
> associated with Linux.

Are you sure?

http://www. microsoft.com/msft/SEC/default.mspx

? oA prominent example of open source software is the Linux operating
system.
Although we believe our products provide customers with significant
advantages
in security, productivity, and total cost of ownership, the
popularization of
the open source software model continues to pose a significant challenge
our business model, including continuing efforts by proponents of open
source
software to convince governments worldwide to mandate the use of open
source
software in their purchase and deployment of software products. To the
extent
open source software gains increasing market acceptance, sales of our
products
may decline, we may have to reduce the prices we charge for our products,
and
revenue and operating margins may consequently decline. ?