Re: Back on Demon.Net Again Roy? Now we know where the giganews troll comes from...

William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Linonut wrote:
>
>> * Mark Kent peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Ah, I'm afraid that the "friel" character is utterly wrong.  My leafnode
>>> posts via three different upstream news servers, and takes feeds from a
>>> further 4 servers.  Any traffic you find on my leafnode could have come
>>> from any one of 4 servers, and traffic onto usenet from my leafnode will
>>> come from any one of 3 servers.
>>>
>>> Roy - you are 100% correct, I have multiple usenet routes.
>>>
>>> The "friel" person appears to be confusing IP routes with NNTP routes.
>>> Few people really understand network layering.
>>>
>>> Also, as you know, I have multiple DSL providers, so even outgoing
>>> traffic can, and does, take a different ISP.
>>
>> Maybe our new-nym-wonder Steven Friel would like to rephrase his
>> dripping sarcasm?  In light of new information?  Hmmm?
>
> Doubtful. He'll probably google for another defunct nym, & use that to nymshift
> again.

I'm sure you're right.  Btw, on re-reading, I notice a slight error in
my remarks;  I take feeds from 4 incoming plus 3 both-way servers, so
incoming traffic has 7 possible routes, outgoing has 3 possible routes
over 2 ISPs.

The reason is that there are sometimes outages on one usenet server or
another, so by combining incoming feeds as well as operating multiple
outgoing feeds, availability at my leafnode is actually higher than at
many commercial servers.