Re: Threats (Subversive and Otherwise) to GNU/Linux Growth

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:18:52 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <13tglk0fge8oe95@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> linux today (linuxtoday.org) has a link to the above titled article. I
>> was somewhat surprised to see who the author is.
>
> What was surprising?  Roy has written several articles for them,
> generally of much higher quality than what he posts here or on his web
> sites--probably the effect of having an editor at Datamation, who
> presumably requires his writers to be able to at least somewhat back
> their claims.

Ahh.. I just noticed that you called him on this before.  He submitted his
own story to slashdot (not that uncommon of a thing, and slashdot has no
rules against it, in fact many of said self-submitted articles say
somethign like "I just wrote a piece over at blah... " But instead, Roy
submitted it as "anonymous", effectively trying to hide his identity as the
submitter of his own article.

How is it that someone that someone that has so much vitriol for those he
considers to be "corrupt" seems to have no problem doing the very things
that he himself would call a "corrupt" practice if it had been Microsoft or
anyone else he didn't like doing it?

Roy's a typical hypocrite.