[News] A Look at the New Features of the Next Ubuntu GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] A Look at the New Features of the Next Ubuntu GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:31:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roadmap Analysis For Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 LTS Revisited

,----[ Quote ]
| The most interesting improvements I noted at the time were in three key
| groups: User Experience, Networking/Security and Support. A grand total of 28
| ideas that had been proposed that I thought were worth mentioning.
`----

http://www.fsckin.com/2008/03/11/roadmap-analysis-for-ubuntu-hardy-heron-804-lts-revisited/
http://tinyurl.com/3dzz4v

I can’t help myself: Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) Alpha 6

,----[ Quote ]
| So I walked into class today and my buddy waves me over to sit with him. I
| look over once seated and see a nice brown screen with a progress bar.
| Apparently that morning he finally had enough of Windows Vista being slow
| (his complaint) so he decided that class was a good time to install Ubuntu,
| and he picked the upcoming release 8.04, which is currently in alpha 6. Now I
| know since I've been using Ubuntu on my laptop I've been a little less on the
| bleeding edge than I was when using Gentoo, but I didn't feel like being out
| done, so I decided to upgrade my nice stable Gutsy (7.10) to Hardy right then
| and there.
`----

http://www.mindstab.net/wordpress/archives/282

Related:

Ubuntu: next release will be the critical one

,----[ Quote ]
| Says Mark Shuttleworth, Mr Ubuntu himself: "Well, the idea has always been to
| try to pick a relevant adjective, which conveys some of the spirit of the
| release. Some examples: Warty - our first release, was going to have warts;
| Dapper - our first LTS release, was putting its best foot forward; Edgy -
| rapid catchup after Dapper, short cycle, new features; Hardy - our second
| LTS, built to last." (LTS stands for long term support)
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/17010/1090/

First look: Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) alpha 4

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 8.04 alpha 4 was officially released today and is now available for
| testing. This alpha offers an early look at some of the features that will be
| included in the final 8.04 release, which is scheduled for April. Codenamed
| Hardy Heron, Ubuntu 8.04 will be the second long-term support (LTS) release,
| which means that it will be supported on the desktop for three years and on
| the server for five years.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080202-first-look-ubuntu-8-04-hardy-heron-alpha-4.html

Hardy Heron Features