Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Free Software Still Dominant in Virtualisation

Snit <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> "Gregory Shearman" <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx> stated in post
> 1270873.GMX0S2fB5F@xxxxxxxxxxxx on 3/29/08 11:46 PM:
>
>> DFS wrote:

>>> Yes, very very easily.

>>> Greg Shearman, 10/20/2007, comp.os.linux.advocacy: "Linux is as usable and
>>> as good as possible, but that has nothing to do with
>>> advocacy."
>>
>>> Of course, as good as possible == cannot ever be improved upon == perfect
>>> as is.
>>>
>>> Then you defended your idiocy for several days, insisting over and over
>>> that Linux was perfect, while everyone told you how nutty you were.
>>>

>> From the article quoted:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> You really have to concentrate harder on what you read. Your mistakes are
>> rather embarrassing.
>>
>> Linux is as usable and as good as possible..... there's always room for
>> improvement, and improvement comes gradually....
>>
>> Nobody (or their works) is/are perfect...
>>
>> There's always the next version...
>>
>> [...]
>>

>> You really are a sad misquoting little son of a gun, aren't you?
>>
>> Nowhere did I say that Linux is perfect. That's simply a lie propagated by
>> that lying little turd, Quark.
>
> I think it is a bit of an exaggeration to say your comments show you think
> Linux is perfect... but clearly you were claiming it is "as usable and good
> as possible" even though there is "room for improvement" so that would make
> what you see as being possible as being not "perfect".

Aha! Good old DFS. That's the one.

"As good as possible".

Well if "possible" means ignoring UI standards and guidelines then I
guess he might have a point .....

--
< jaybonci> actually d-i stands for "divine intervention" ;)
		-- in #debian-devel