Re: [News] Oracle Sets Focus on GNU/Linux Clusters

____/ Subway steel on Wednesday 26 March 2008 16:29 : \____

>> Oracle offers clustering for Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Oracle is breaking out the Linux clustering component of its Oracle RAC
>> (Real
>> | Application Clusters) package and offering it to customers of its
>> Unbreakable
>> | Linux support program for Linux users.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/03/26/oracle-linux_1.html
>>

> Certainly Oracle is not setting its FOCUS on linux clusters. Being a RDBMS
> system their focus is going to remain on databases.

I thought twice before typing that down for this very same reason. Clearly,
they put a little more focus on this than they did before... and it seems like
they pull a Sun/MySQL on Red Hat here.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I blame God for making me an atheist"