Re: [News] BECTA Allows Microsoft to Charge Money for GNU/Linux PCs, FOSS

> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 20 March 2008 11:38 : \____
>
>> William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> http://www.siriusit.co.uk/myblog/microsoft-tax-on-linux-in-schools-must-end-says-becta.html

>>> Sandwich Technology College (UK) has approximately 1,000 computers.
>>> There's nothing online about it (yet), but I understand they intend to
>>> migrate their machines to OpenOffice immediately.
>>>

>> This cannot be a coincidence.  Maybe it's going to start in Kent :-)
>
> It's good to see that this becomes a reality. You're pulling a Linpro.
>
> The BECTA interview has a headline that defends BECTA, but the reality often
> suggests otherwise. At least they learned to shun Vista and MSO07.

The Guardian Education article mentioned a Kent school in Sittingbourne
as using Asus Eees for all its year 10 pupils (that's 4th year in real
years!).

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |