Re: Encyclopedia of life is launched ..

____/ [H]omer on Friday 21 March 2008 22:56 : \____

> Doug Mentohl wrote:
>
>> "Welcome to the first release of the Encyclopedia of Life portal.
>> This is the very beginning of our exciting journey to document all
>> species of life on Earth"
>>
>> http://www.eol.org/
>
> They misspelled "Encyclopaedia".
>
> Anyway, do they have an entry for Wintroll yet?
>
> Wintroll: n. Slimy, nocturnal insect that lives under rocks, and
> scuttles out at night to eat Straw Men. Carries various diseases,
> including F.U.D. (Level 4 Biohazard). Has notoriously unscrupulous
> habits, tempered by low intelligence and predictable responses.
> Efforts by the W.H.O. to eradicate this pest have been hampered by
> Trollfeeders (a group dedicated to the preservation and study of Trolls).

There's no such entry because it's a way of feeding the trolls, encouraging
that very same behaviour. I think that any acknowledgement of their presence
(attention) is unnecessary. It's begging for more of the same. I'm still
seeing replies to the Snit troll, who apparently starts many threads. If only
people stopped feeding the prick... :-(

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Community is code, code is community