Re: "It's Worse Than We Thought" MS Borrows Money for Toilet Paper.

____/ chrisv on Tuesday 06 May 2008 12:55 : \____

> JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>>Too bad the Lemmings have been paying over and over again for pretty
>>much the exact same software all these 15 years.
>
> Yeah, it's especially sad with "office" software.  I mean, the word
> processors of 15 years ago were sufficient for the majority, yet
> people and companies keep shelling-out for the new versions of Word.

They had to. Microsoft keeps changing the formats to keep the upgrade treadmill
going. They say that Microsoft's 'success' is to do with one thing: versions.

And remember: once you put data into Microsoft programs, you are locked in. The
company will bully, lie, bride, steal, ans sabotage to keep the lock-in (never
mind how many fines it brings and how many people shout in Oslo's streets).
Look no further than the OOXML corruptions.

Microsoft is not a company. It's a culture. Subculture? Cult? Whatever it is,
it's hungry for your data. It wants to own it. It controls it if you let it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"
         run-level 2  2008-04-15 01:48                   last=