Re: [News] Windows: Less for More; GNU/Linux: More for Less

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Windows XP On Asus Eee PC
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Remember yesterday when we discovered that the Windows-powered Asus Eee
> | PC would cost the same as its Linux-powered counterpart?
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | There is a Microsoft tax to be paid, it seems.
> |
> | [...] it turns out that the Windows version is missing the memory card
> | [slot.
> [...]
> |
> | The other notable difference is that the Eee PC powered by Windows XP
> | gets a one year warranty, whereas the Linux version gets two years.
> | Strangely, the spec sheet also says that the Windows version does not
> | support MPEGs. That can?t be right, can it?
> `----
>
> http://www.htlounge.net/article/5795/windows-xp-on-asus-eee-pc/
>
> And that's despite considerable discounts given to Asustek by Microsoft.

Thats just attrocious!!!

The magazines and media should be picking up on this and blasting it
wide open!!!!

WINDUMMIES ARE BUYER'S WORST NIGHTMARE!!!

WIDUMMIES operating in the sales departments
hide the truth and loss of functions to pinch a few
more pennies from the buyer.

Its the buyer that has to suffer so that Micoshaft Corporation
and their WINDUMMIES can survive.