Re: [News] [SOT] New Version of OpenBSD Released

[snips]

On Thu, 01 May 2008 17:27:11 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> OpenBSD 4.3 Released
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "We are pleased to announce the official release of OpenBSD 4.3,"
> began | OpenBSD creator Theo de Raadt. "This is our 23nd release on
> CD-ROM (and 24rd | via FTP). We remain proud of OpenBSD's record of more
> than ten years with | only two remote holes in the default install."

One might ask how many remote holes in a default install DOS had.  Or the
C64.  Or the VIC 20.  Or any number of systems.

Now, two remote exploits in 10 years in a system running every available
net service _and_ no intrusion protection or other measures, that'd be
something to crow about.

It's really easy to avoid remote exploits, if nothing's answering the
phone.