[News] Review of War§ow for GNU/Linux, Disney World Has Tux Racer

War§ow — a different FPS game for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| War§ow is an FPS computer game, aimed at network gaming; it is characterized
| by specific graphics and an emphasis on tricks and good fun.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/apps/warsow-a-different-fps-game-for-linux/

Back from vacation at Disney World and Tux Racer is all over.

,----[ Quote ]
| So I’m back form vacation and what did I see Tux Racer at every Arcade in the
| Parks. That’s right an Arcade version of our favorite bird….and it sure was
| fun to play.
`----

http://dthomasdigital.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/back-from-vacation-at-disney-world-and-tux-racer-is-all-over/

Recent:

Linux Got Game: War§ow 0.42

,----[ Quote ]
| War§ow, though still considered as a beta software is really well-crafted
| that I would highly recommend it to every FPS game fanatic or just about any
| gamer out there who wants to try something new. My only complain about Warsow
| is the lack of game server hosts, and based on my experience, it is sometimes
| difficult to connect to a particular server. I hope more people will be
| hosting Warsow because it really is a great FPS game. It is like a gem that
| I'm glad I've found. Also, I hope that a single player (offline) option will
| be available soon just in case my internet connection gets disconnected, or
| when I want to improve my skills by shooting against bots in easy mode
| (hehe).
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/05/linux-got-game-warow-042.html

Related:

Comparison of free software shooters

,----[ Quote ]
| The high quality art direction, the implementation of some simple yet
| effective original ideas, combined with the refined Quake gameplay leaves
| War§ow the champion of the pack for free software shooters. Warsow was able
| to do what many free software projects strive for, take an established
| concept, clearly implement additional original ideas, refine the core of the
| project, and then present it in a very professional way.
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/smartsection.item.81/comparison-of-free-software-shooters.html

Games : Warsow 0.4 released

,----[ Quote ]