[News] Great Early Reviews of the New Firefox 3 (RC 1)

Firefox 3 RC 1 full review

,----[ Quote ]
| A year and a half after the last major Firefox release, Firefox 3 Release
| Candidate 1 is here with  a very long list of new features and improvements.
|
| [...]
|
| It also seems, Yahoo! was the only web mail service to provide the necessary
| interfaces to use it as mailto: protocol handler. Gmail and Live will
| certainly be missed but they should be easy to add as they become available.
|
| At this stage it also expected that most extension developers will get back
| to work to make their pieces compatible with Firefox 3. The ongoing Extend
| Firefox 3 contest (now with a music category) provides additional motivation.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/05/firefox-3-rc-1-full-review/

Firefox 3 First Look

,----[ Quote ]
| All-in-all, Firefox 3 is more than good enough to keep me as a user. Better
| still, from Mozilla's viewpoint, its good enough that it should pull in
| another wave of new users. It's not just a major step up from Firefox 2; it's
| a leap forward from the other new browsers such as the forthcoming Internet
| Explorer 8.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/firefox_3_first_look

Firefox 3 RC 1: A Guided Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| It is still pre-release software, but the speed and several of the new
| features are truly welcome additions to almost everybody's favorite open
| source browser. Here's a tour of what's under the hood.
`----

http://ostatic.com/162291-blog/firefox-3-rc-1-a-guided-tour

Days ago:

CyberNotes: Top 10 Firefox Extensions to Impress Your Friends

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox extensions are often lauded for the additional features and
| functionality that they bring to the browser. Some of them can save you crazy
| amounts of time, while others are more about beautifying Firefox. Here at
| CyberNet we typically try to focus on those extensions that can make you more
| productive, but today we’re going to flaunt what the developers have given
| us. That’s right, it’s time to tell your friends that your browser is better
| than theirs.
`----

http://cybernetnews.com/2008/05/14/cybernotes-top-10-firefox-extensions-to-impress-your-friends/

Firefox 3: Site Identification button

,----[ Quote ]
| Ensuring that users are safe, secure, and protected while they browse the Web
| is one of the greatest challenges facing browser makers. Browser security
| involves a delicate balance between protecting the user from the dangers that
| exist on the Web and overly restricting the user’s freedom to go where she
| wants and see what she wants while surfing.
`----

http://www.dria.org/wordpress/archives/2008/05/06/635/

Recent:

Firefox 3's better performance and memory improvements

,----[ Quote ]
| At the Mozilla "open house", Mike Schroepfer, Mozilla Corporation vice
| president of engineering said that beta 5 of Firefox 3 will come out next
| week. It will be the last beta before release candidate 1, which is due for
| May; Firefox 3 should ship in June or before, if possible.
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/blogs/syslog/viewblogpost.htm?p=339270943

Mozilla: Firefox 3 beats IE7 and Opera in memory tests

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1368883081&rid=-50