[News] Overview/Review of Linux Media Player and Browsers (Firefox Wins)

Download Best Video Players for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is a good list of one of the best video / media players for Linux.
`----

http://www.anewmorning.com/2008/05/17/download-best-video-players-for-linux/

Comparison Between Linux Web Browsers - Review of 5 Linux Browsers

,----[ Quote ]
| I chose to only review the GUI web browsers, since it's not exactly
| appropriate to compare a text-based browser like Lynx with Opera, for
| example. The browsers reviewed are the latest ones included in Debian Lenny,
| current date (May 17, 2008). The system used to review them is a Intel Core 2
| Duo 1.8 GHz with 1 GB DDRAM2. The comparison includes the major five Linux
| browsers: Konqueror, Firefox, Opera, Epiphany and Galeon. I'm aware of others
| like Dillo or the older Mozilla, but decided to include only the big players
| at the moment.
|
| [...]
|
| I must say, in my opinion Firefox is indeed the 'best' web browser for Linux
| at the moment. But of course, this depends on each one's needs. Some say it
| is a memory hog and Epiphany is lighter, or maybe others like good KDE
| integration and use Konqueror, or others prefer all the good features Opera
| comes with.
`----

http://lintut.50webs.org/browsers_comparison.html

Today's best Web browser (arguably) remains an open source one. Just like
Apache, for example, it proves that choosing proprietary software is settling
for second best (at most).

Related:

In Pictures: Readers' Picks for Best Products of the Year

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Firefox 2 (Web browser)
|
| "The best browser just got better. Session saving and a built-in
| spell checker make it better than ever."
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070521/tc_pcworld/131926;_ylt=Am6Mz.ZvXO7t4c3AGM2tHnSor7oF;_ylt=AhuR2JWGFG.VfMOGZvoq0zYjtBAF
http://tinyurl.com/2p2nc2

Firefox beyond 25% market share.