[News] Lenovo Markets GNU/Ballnux Laptops ($552), Says "Eliminates Virus and Spyware Downtime"

  • Subject: [News] Lenovo Markets GNU/Ballnux Laptops ($552), Says "Eliminates Virus and Spyware Downtime"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 16:29:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

A Linux ThinkPad

,----[ Quote ]
| I was gladdened yesterday when techbargains.com reported a sale on a new
| Lenovo ThinkPad R61 running SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop ($552, see below).
| It's not everyday that you run into a major PC vendor selling machines
| pre-loaded with Linux (excluding servers).
|
| Perhaps pre-installing Linux will become more popular, in part, due to a
| Vista backlash. Or, the popularity of Linux of ultra-cheap laptops (where
| Vista doesn't belong) such as the Asus EEE PC, will lay a foundation for its
| expansion. Once people see and touch and smell recent editions of Linux,
| they'll realize it is no more different from Windows XP than is the Mac OSX.
| And, as Lenovo says, Linux "Eliminates virus and spyware downtime".
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13554_1-9940599-33.html

That's an unusual thing to add. Last week, the MSBBC openly slammed Windows
too.

Related:

Acer laptops with Ubuntu Linux available now

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm/4387

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579