[News] Danish Group Deals Another Blow to Microsoft OOXML

Danish OSL complains to ISO and ISO's mercy

,----[ Quote ]
| No, it is not the Danish Standards body but OSL.dk that complains about OOXML
| standardization. Morten Kjærsgaard from OSL has filed a complaint directed to
| the ISO Vice Jacob Holmblad. Holmblad is also managing director of Dansk
| Standard.
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-63189/danish-osl-complains-to-iso-and-iso-s-mercy

http://osl.dk/fileadmin/user_upload/pdf/AFD/ISO_klage_maj08.pdf

So, Microsoft showed the world that it operates like The Mafia and now it's all
backfiring.

Yesterday:

India and Brazil File Appeals Against OOXML Standardization

,----[ Quote ]
| India and Brazil have filed appeals against the adoption of the
| Microsoft-sponsored Office Open XML (OOXML) document format as an
| international standard.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146468/india_and_brazil_file_appeals_against_ooxml_standardization.html

OpenXML: The Brazilian appeal and the appeal of a Brazilian

,----[ Quote ]
| At the end of this presentation, the representative of a company (guess
| which ???) has taken the line of defense for his companions in the room: “I
| am not prepared, at this meeting, to evaluate the arguments and decide. I
| need more time. “It is worth highlighting that this meeting was scheduled on
| May 8th (date of our last meeting) and officially convened on May 19th (lack
| of time !!! again !!!).
| From this point on, I understand that the meeting has become almost a
| hospice, because it is insane to accept that at this point of our lifes,
| after all the things that we saw, the main argument of opposition is
| the “lack of condition to discuss”.
|
| I say that became a hospice, because the OpenXML supporters was tied to a
| fragile and indecent argument that “we’re not prepared to discuss,” saying
| that in this way, Brazil could not make the protest against the whole process
| by “lack of consensus” (as if consensus and unanimity was the same thing).
| Just to clarify, at the ISO directives “Consensus is the absence of reasoned
| opposition.”
|
| The final decision is that we will only “protest” against the BRM and against
| the lack of final version of the specification text, pretending that we
| didn’t identified any problems during the Fast-Track, as if we were a bunch
| of blind and incompetent idiots. The ABNT undertook to send our “protest” to
| ISO on this Thursday.
`----

http://homembit.com/2008/05/openxml-the-brazilian-appeal-and-the-%3E%20appeal-of-a-brazilian.html

SAfrica protests Microsoft Office 2007 file standard

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hk3Cw7p9Zl8_uIhq6CRrtvVBkaKgD90UP1300