[News] Microsoft's Latest Web Browser Defeated by Free Software

The Browser Wars : Firefox, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer and Flock

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox is a browser designed from scratch to be secure, fast and
| customisable. It is the safest browser available, as it doesn’t contain many
| of the more obvious vulnerabilities that IE has, such as ActiveX components
| so often used to install spyware on IE-users’ machines. Firefox is still
| under very active development by a huge community of volunteer coders, many
| of whom worked at Netscape in its heyday. If a vulnerability is found, it is
| corrected and an update made available in days, sometimes hours. This means
| Firefox cannot fall into the same trap that IE did — receiving no updates for
| years and having its various security holes get exploited by thousands of
| hackers and virus writers.
`----

http://aren-fly.blogspot.com/2008/05/browser-wars-firefox-opera-safari.html

Browser faceoff: IE vs Firefox vs Opera vs Safari

,----[ Quote ]
| The worst-performing browser in our tests is Internet Explorer 7 — The
| SunSpider JavaScript benchmark, in particular, shows up the deficiencies of
| Microsoft's current browser. Things may change with Internet Explorer 8, as
| the first beta version shows a significant performance improvement. However,
| the competition is not standing still, with new versions of Firefox (3) and
| Opera (9.5) closer to release than IE 8.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/reviews/software/internet/soa/Browser-faceoff-IE-vs-Firefox-vs-Opera-vs-Safari/0,139023437,339289417,00.htm

Firefox 3: The Semantic Web Browser?

,----[ Quote ]
| At present, Mozilla may be leading the major browser vendors in bringing
| semantics to everyday Web browsing, courtesy of tools built into its upcoming
| Firefox 3 Web browser that.

Firefox 3 – First Look review

,----[ Quote ]
| With Firefox 3.0 now reaching Release Candidate stage is it stable enough to
| warrant upgrading or should you hold fire? We tested it against Firefox 2.0
| on the Mac and IE7 on the PC to find out.
`----

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/reviews/review.phtml/3168/4192/Firefox-3-browser-PC-Mac.phtml

Five Extensions You Won't Need with Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lifehacker.com/392128/five-extensions-you-wont-need-with-firefox-3