[News] Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter; Ubuntu Community Council Revved Up

Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter #128

,----[ Quote ]
| It has been, to your editor's shame, many months since the last issue of this
| newsletter, and far too much has happened at Mandriva in the mean time to
| cover it all in detail. This issue will take a broad overview of the most
| significant events of the last eight months. Following issues will
| (hopefully!) go back to being released more regularly, and covering events in
| the usual level of detail.
`----

http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Newsletter128

More efficient membership approval process

,----[ Quote ]
| The Community Council has recently implemented some changes to community
| governance processes which it believes reflect a significant improvement in
| one area of community governance: applications for Ubuntu membership.
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1461

Recent:

Mandriva Linux One 2008 Spring XFCE: a community achievement

,----[ Quote ]
| You know what Mandriva is; you know what XFCE is; you know what a community
| means; now it's time to acknowledge some good results
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/05/05/06/45/29-mandriva-linux-one-2008-spring-x

Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring Xfce edition released

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks to the efforts of the Mandriva Linux Xfce development community, an
| Xfce version of Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring One is now available. Just like
| the KDE and GNOME versions of One, this is an installable live CD edition of
| Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring, but this time featuring Xfce as the desktop
| environment.
`----

http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/2008SpringXFCE

Mandriva Linux 2008.1 - The Blooming Spring.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://linuxseekers.com/index.php/component/content/article/38-mandriva-reviews/58-mandriva-linux-20081