[News] Intel Pulls the Plug on Windows, Chooses GNU/Linux for MIDs

Otellini: 'MID revolution will be centred round Linux'

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel CEO says Microsoft's insistence on pushing Vista will hand market to
| open source rival
|
| Intel's CEO has said that he sees the revolution that is about to happen
| around mobile internet devices (MID) such as the Eee PC and other Atom-based
| sub-notebooks will be "centred round Linux", in an interview with Associated
| Press.
`----

http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/29939/Otellini-MID-revolution-will-be-centred-round-Linux

Thank you, Vista.

Last week:

A quick note on Ubuntu for netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| Few details are available yet, but Mark Shuttleworth revealed in an interview
| with the Guardian that a version of Ubuntu customized for the netbook market
| would be released in early June.
`----

http://education.zdnet.com/?p=1694

Recent:

Ubuntu Mobile On My Desktop!

,----[ Quote ]
| Wow!  I followed the instructions on this page, and what do ‘ya know?  I’ve
| got Ubuntu Mobile on my desktop!
`----

http://jonreagan.wordpress.com/2008/05/01/ubuntu-mobile-on-my-desktop/

Related: