[News] Palm Reveals More Details About Its Upcoming Linux OS

Palm readies next-gen ‘Web 2.0’ OS

,----[ Quote ]
| So let’s talk about the future – and specifically the forthcoming all-new
| Palm OS, which is codenamed Nova and said to be built around Linux. Colligan
| calls it “Palm OS” and later “Palm 2.0”, both times his fingers drawing
| quotation marks in the air as he speaks. Palm 2.0, as in Web 2.0, although he
| makes it clear that “I’m not coming up with the branding right now – whether
| it’s Palm OS 2.0 or Next Generation, we’re not coming up with the branding
| right now. But this is something different to this” he says, pointing to the
| Centro.
`----

http://apcmag.com/palm_readies_nextgen_web_20_os.htm

Recent:

JP Morgan Tech Show: Palm Sees Software Lifting its Fortunes

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, on the way to that Linux software, Palm hopes to return to increasing
| sales and return to profitability a couple of ways, said Brown: one, the
| Centro, is available at 10 carriers now and will be spreading to more
| carriers globally. That’s important, because the Centro sells for as little
| as $49, at AT&T, which means Palm has to make up the sales on volume. Her
| wouldn’t confirm if the Centro will be offered by Verizon Communications’s
| (VZ) Verizon Wireless unit, as rumored.
`----

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2008/05/19/jp-morgan-tech-show-palm-sees-software-lifting-its-fortunes/?mod=BOLBlog
http://tinyurl.com/6foh9y

The New Pocket PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| That will change in 2009, according to Palm's vice president of smartphone
| product marketing, Stephane Maes. The company is developing its own modern,
| Linux-based OS, which will replace Palm OS by the end of the year. It will
| have a flexible interface and a very easy development environment, and it
| will focus on integrating personal information, Maes says.

Does ACCESS threaten Windows Mobile? (Video demonstration & interview.)

,----[ Quote ]
| This year ACCESS released their first new platform with PalmSource. The
| platform looks like older Palm OS versions. However, it was developed based
| on Linux, provides true multitasking, improved graphics and single finger
| navigation. It has a number of other enhancements as well.
|
| Third party applications developed for Palm OS devices work on ACCESS' new
| platform. So Palm OS customers can migrate to ACCESS without giving up their
| existing software. Palm OS developers can easily write new applications for
| ACCESS. Also, most of the existing 30 thousand Palm OS third party software
| titles can be purchased for use on ACCESS devices.
`----

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/7183.html

Google claims 'Non-existent' Android beats everything but the Jesus Phone

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/13/google_android_pitch_ecomm/