Re: Vista is Dead here comes Windows ME Too

____/ Ian Hilliard on Thursday 29 May 2008 02:59 : \____

> <quote>
> Vista is Officially Dead Here Comes Windows 7
>
> By David Richards | Wednesday | 28/05/2008
> When a Company starts talking about the next model in their line up you know
> something is wrong particularly if the previous model has been labelled a
> lemon. Now it appears that the Windows Vista era is done and dusted with
> Microsoft keen to move onto Windows 7 in an effort to overcome the problems
> that the ill fated Vista OS will leave behind.
>
> This is not the first time that Microsoft has had problems with its
> operating system, there was Windows Me. Now Bill Gates and Microsoft CEO
> Steve Ballmer have teamed up to spruik Windows 7 and its all-new user
> interface. At the D: All Things Digital conference in the USA the pair
> overnight gave a hint of what is to come.
>
> During a brief onstage demo of Windows 7, a Microsoft software designer made
> the puzzling choice to unveil a new "multi touch" feature by working with a
> paint program, evoking memories of the original Macintosh paint program in
> 1984. She then used the touch-sensitive technology with a photo collection
> and a mapping program, evoking comparisons to both the iPhone and Google
> Maps, which already have similar capabilities.
>
> Another new feature appeared to be a circular pop-up menu that provided
> a "concierge" function. (You can watch a video of the multi touch feature
> on the Microsoft Vista blog). Microsoft says it will provide some details
> about Windows 7, the successor to Windows Vista, at its Professional
> Developers Conference in Los Angeles in late October.
> </quote>
>
> http://www.channelnews.com.au/Hardware/Software/T8A5Q4P4
>
> Ian

I strongly urge you to read the following, right from the horse's own mouth:

"In the face of strong competition, Evangelism's focus may shift immediately to
the next version of the same technology, however. Indeed, Phase 1 (Evangelism
Starts) for version x+1 may start as soon as this Final Release of version X."

                http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

                Microsoft, internal document

"Strong competition," eh Microsoft? Thanks the the admission.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

"One smaller motivation which, in part, stems from altruism is
Microsoft-bashing."
                --Vinod Valloppillil, Microsoft