Re: [News] Ubuntu Not Necessarily the Best of GNU/Linux Ubuntu is riddled with bugs (was: [News] Ubuntu Not Necessarily the Best of GNU/Linux)

  • Subject: Re: [News] Ubuntu Not Necessarily the Best of GNU/Linux Ubuntu is riddled with bugs (was: [News] Ubuntu Not Necessarily the Best of GNU/Linux)
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 16:26:12 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Wed, 28 May 2008 15:05:18 +0000, ray wrote:

> On Wed, 28 May 2008 03:33:33 -0400, Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 28 May 2008 08:16:39 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> Switching to Linux which distro to use, Ubuntu?
>>
>> Ubuntu is riddled with bugs.
>> See DFS's great work here in COLA for details.

"If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't be posting anything right now."
DFS - comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

"Great work" HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!

> I don't know many folks who claim any particular distro is 'best'. Of
> course, the immediate question is "best for what"? There is no one best
> disto. There is not even a best distro for one person - I use three
> regularly - for different needs. As for DooFuS's attacks - they are simply
> ludicrous and need no further comment.
>

>> The other 1000+ versions of Linux suck as well. They just suck in
>> different ways.....
>
> According to distrowatch.com there are about 360 active Linux distros -
> not "1000+". Of course they all suck. All current computer operating
> systems suck. Fortunately, Linux sucks much less than the main
> alternative. None of them do the hardware justice.
>

>> Linux has 0.6 percent of the desktop market.
>
> By your count. Mine shows it much larger.

Ah, the troll is still desperately clinging to its 0.6%, just like its
twin, Quack. Pathetic.

>> Can 99.4 percent of the population be wrong?
>
> Absolutely. Case in point: Ford Explorer with Firestone tires - rolls over
> when there is a flat. Considering that MS comes preinstalled on virtually
> every new computer, the fact that Linux exists is a tribute.

This has been told many times to the winzealots, but the seem to have
short memories. No wonder they can't get things right.

--
Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
This message was sent from a