[News] Review of SystemRescueCD 1.0.3 (Linux), Penny Arcade for GNU/Linux

The Power of SystemRescueCD 1.0.3 - A Must Have Utility Disc

,----[ Quote ]
| SystemRescueCD has been around for sometime and their latest version 1.0.3
| just came out today. I take a short look at it and briefly describe some of
| its advantages. Checkout the short flash video at the end of the article to
| see SystemRescueCD 1.0.3 in action.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=10448

Penny Arcade: Linux Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| Hothead Games together with Penny Arcade released a very interesting game
| called “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness”. It
| can be purchased at $20 in Greenhouse Internet store, which is a counterpart
| of more known Steam Games. Nothing peculiar, you say? And you’d be right if
| not for one small detail: the game is available also for GNU/Linux.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/apps/penny-arcade-linux-screenshots/

Recent:

Review: Trinity Rescue Kit 3.2

,----[ Quote ]
| I'd recommend placing TRK in your toolkit. You never know when you might
| need a quick loading rescue distribution.
`----

http://www.triedit.org/review/review-trinity-rescue-kit-32/

Related:

Linux saves the special day!

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks Linux! You saved the day and turned a Windows disaster into a Linux
| win!
`----

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/?q=node/987

The Disconnect That Could Fail Thousands

,----[ Quote ]
| Knowing that this isn't right, I thumb thru the seventy or so Live CD disks I
| have and grab the one I know that gets this right...but wait. It only trails
| Ubuntu in the Distrowatch lineup by a few hundred hits...what about, oh, I
| don't know...let's try something obscure...let's go down the line a bit.
| Let's see who is well down the list there...It needs to be a debian distro,
| something that doesn't get too much publicity...Oh, let's try this.
|
| DreamLinux.
|
| Upon firing it up and doing an immediate install, imagine my surprise.
|
| Without so much as having to install KdiskFree or any other third party
| disk/file manager, whaddaya know...there are my drives and files. I then
| install KDE since DreamLinux is an Xfce environment by design. Yep, a click
| on the mnt file shows all my drives right there...
`----

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/222-The-Disconnect-That-Could-Fail-Thousands.html

Trinity Rescue Kit - Free Recovery and Repair for Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Trinity Rescue Kit or TRK is a free live Linux distribution that
| aims specifically at recovery and repair operations on Windows
| machines, but is equally usable for Linux recovery issues.
`----

http://www.darknet.org.uk/2007/06/trinity-rescue-kit-free-recovery-and-repair-for-windows/

Why I love Linux

,----[ Quote ]