Re: [News] Flash for 64-bit GNU/Linux Will Come

DFS wrote:

> 86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 crashing and freezing up

Someone having problems with a beta.

> 65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 crashing and freezing up
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=587905&highlight=freeze

I love the comment from the third section:
<quote>
no i've been using elive for months and no problem with that at all, it
never locked up. i don't use windows, i think it's worst thing i've ever
seen. fedora and others seem ok also, although i can get crashes with
beryl/compiz enabled on other distros...
</quote>

> 12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 crashing and freezing up
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765510&highlight=freeze

Another person having a problem with the Broadcom Wireless driver in the
beta version.

> And that's just one distro.  You can easily find many examples of random
> freezing across virtually all Linux distros.
>
> Plus, Results 251 - 260 of about 278,000 for Linux kernel panics

Results 1 - 10 of about 770,000 for windows crash. (0.14 seconds)

I love this one:

How To Crash Windows Vista In 10 Seconds Or Less - Digital Life ...
27 Jun 2007 ... Check out my article, "What To Do When Windows Vista
Crashes: Little-Known Recovery Strategies." I describe the Complete PC
Backup utility, ...
www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/06/how_to_crash_wi.html -
47k -

In the end, all I can really comment about is my own experience. I am
currently using Hardy and I have used if from the day it was released. On
MY hardware it works perfectly. It does everything that I need and runs
cooler than any other OS that has run on this computer. This thing runs all
the software that I need and runs it well.

My son has since moved to Hardy and is also very happy with it. It runs a
LOT better than Windows XP does and he doesn't have to reinstall it every
few weeks because it picked up another piece of malware from the uni
student net. It saves him a lot of time so that he can get on with the job
of actually studying.

Ian