Re: [News] Ubuntu Not Necessarily the Best of GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Switching to Linux which distro to use, Ubuntu?

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall Mandriva is my favorite distro from these tests. I do have Ubuntu | installed on my main computer but if I were to do a fresh install I would | surely change. At least that is my personal opinion with the current releases | tested so far. `----

(snip)

IMO, Ubuntu (all of them) are overhyped, but to each his own.

I find PCLiuxOS to be stable,, with a wide range of applications in the repository. Their control Center is very good. With dkms, drivers, like nVidia's, just install. It is a very good distro, and IMO the best to the bunch.

--
Rick