[News] Live Build of KDE 4.1 in Action (Screenshots)

KDE4Daily - testing KDE 4.1 with daily updates

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE4Daily, a virtual machine image of KDE 4 with daily updates was released
| for KDE 4.1. This gives anyone the opportunity to test the newest KDE 4.1
| sanely inside a virtual machine.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/05/27/kde4daily-testing-kde-41-with-daily-updates/

Earlier:

Test Latest Builds With KDE4Daily 4.1

,----[ Quote ]
| For the uninitiated, KDE4Daily aims to accomplish this goal using Qemu
| virtualisation technology (although with KDE4Daily 4.0, people kindly stepped
| up to provide a VirtualBox/ VMWare equivalent). A self-contained Qemu image
| with a Kubuntu 8.04 base and a comprehensive set of a self-compiled KDE4
| modules (all at r810996, initially) is provided, along with an updater system
| inside the VM itself. The updater downloads and installs binary updates
| provided by me to the full set of modules; these tend to be roughly 20-50MB
| each (although they will occasionally be larger), take a few minutes to
| apply, and will hopefully be pushed out daily - hence the name.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1211789022/

Last week:

no more desktop icons in 4.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, we now have a folder view applet courtesy of Frederik Höglund. It can
| view any folder you want, including the desktop folder. You can also set a
| filter, making it possible to, for instance, view just images or whatever. It
| uses KIO so you can view remote folders as well. You can drag items to and
| from it, delete files, scroll, etc. It lines everything up in a nice grid and
| uses the same drawing routines that Dolphin, Konqueror, KRunner and others
| use from kdelibs for the icons.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/05/no-more-desktop-icons-in-41.html

Recent: