[News] [Rival] Microsoft Moves Called Desperate by Forbes, Next IBM-isation

Microsoft's Desperate Move

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft on Tuesday appeared to hedge its bets on a deal with Yahoo!,
| reiterating its stance that it has many ways to grow its ad business with or
| without the Web portal. "Yahoo! is just part of our strategy," Siebrecht
| said. "We'll get there through organic investment and acquisition. There are
| other companies out there that could help accelerate that as well."
|
| That message is getting really old, Microsoft. You've either got a game plan
| or you don't.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/technology/enterprisetech/2008/05/21/microsoft-online-advertising-tech-enter-cx_wt_0521msft.html

Microsoft's Antitrust Case, 10 Years Later

,----[ Quote ]
| In the Freedom to Tinker blog this week, Professor Ed Felten started a series
| of entries marking the 10 years since the Department of Justice brought its
| antitrust case against Microsoft. The past decade has brought a lot of
| changes for Microsoft as well as the entire industry. But if you're wondering
| where things are headed for Microsoft, it might be instructive to look at
| what happened to IBM.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/05/microsofts_anti.html

Recent:

Is Microsoft Aura Fading?

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday's early relief rally reversed, and Microsoft's value has now fallen
| by more than $30 billion since it unveiled its bid for Yahoo on February 1.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121004447596669953.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Microsoft stock drops amid slumping sales

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9061263