Re: EU shows size of Microsoft credibility gap

On Fri, 23 May 2008 00:06:31 -0400, Moshe. Goldfarb wrote:

> On Fri, 23 May 2008 02:55:09 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> ____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Friday 23 May 2008 01:20 : \____
>>
>>> <Quote>
>>> The sudden moves by Redmond point out two hard facts:
>>>
>>>    1. It’s not nice to fool Mother Europe. 2. If Microsoft says you’ve
>>>    got five fingers on each hand, many
>>> people will insist on an independent count.
>>>
>>> In my view the second problem is bigger than the first. Credibility
>>> may not mean much in the proprietary universe, where money counts for
>>> everything  and truth is a commodity.
>>>
>>> In the open source world, political values like credibility are real.
>>> Microsoft has only just begun to recognize this. </Quote>
>>>
>>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2462
>>
>> The EU regulators will hopefully take a look at what PJ had to say...
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20080522012330406
>

> LMAO.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Yea, sure.
>
> They are going to be real concerned with what some wannabe armchair
> lawyer has to say.

WHat is said on Groklaw has made industry news many times.

> You and your buddies overestimate your importance to the OSS/Linux cause
> Roy Schestowitz.

You overestimate your importance to ... anything.

> You are really not important at all and outside of your circle of loons,
> nobody really gives a hoot what you think or say.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

BTW, is a loon someone that uses Linux and then continually disses it?

> God, this gets more insane by the hour.
>
> Oh yea, BTW I am in favor of ODF but only if it is technically as good
> as what we have now and does not require compromise.

And what do you mean by "does not require compromise"? Could that mean it
does whatever Microsoft decides it should do?

--
Rick