[News] Another New Review of the Linux-based Eee PC, Linux Migrations with Eee

Asus Eee PC 900 Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| Upon its release last fall, the Asus Eee PC 4G was a diminutive sight to
| behold: Sure, the tiny Linux-based system demanded some sacrifices, but we
| were still buying what this budget ultraportable was selling, presumably to
| cash-strapped shoppers and travelers who wanted a cheap second notebook for
| the road.
`----

http://computershopper.com/reviews/asus-eee-pc-900-laptop-review

Linux after one year

,----[ Quote ]
| I have some friends who now run Linux on their desktops and have purchased
| Asus eees. But I look forward to the day when institutions I work with --
| especially trade unions -- take the decision to move away from expensive,
| insecure, buggy software marketed by the Microsoft monopoly. I'm sure those
| unions will discover as I have that once you've made the switch, you won't
| ever look back.
`----

http://www.ericlee.info/2008/05/linux_after_one_year.html

That's why Microsoft is so scared os low-cost Linux laptop and is willing to
dump XP copies for just 9 quid apiece.

Recent:

My Asus Eee PC’s Linux Journey

,----[ Quote ]
| When I first received the Eee PC, it took about ten minutes of charging to
| get it to boot up, and my pleasure with my Eee was almost immediate.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2008/05/16/my-asus-eee-pcs-linux-journey/

Related:

Microsoft can't even give it away

,----[ Quote ]
| To sweeten the pill, there is also a considerable price incentive in buying a
| basic portable with GNU/Linux installed as opposed to one with Windows XP,
| which not only costs about 30 per cent more, but also has the nerve to
| require more storage space and memory.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/03/11/microsoft-give-away

2007's most important IT lesson is spelled with an Eee

,----[ Qote ]
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10006830o-2000331777b,00.htm?new_comment