[News] Purple Labs (Linux Business) Expands to Korea

Linux phone design house opens Korean office

,----[ Quote ]
| A French company that designs mobile phones based on Linux and the LiMo
| Platform has announced the opening of a sales office in Seoul, Korea. The new
| Purple Labs office will be run by Grant Jang, reporting to Gordon Tsang
| (pictured), the company's SVP for Asia.

Earlier:

Linux Foundation Opens Korean Office

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating
| the growth of Linux, today announced that it is opening an office in Seoul,
| Korea. Kwangjei "Daniel" Cho, former senior director of Haansoft, Inc., will
| be the Linux Foundation director of Korea.
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=859869

Last week:

SK [South Korea] Telecom Joins LiMo Foundation to Speed up Linux Platform
Development

,----[ Quote ]
| SK Telecom joined LiMo Foundation, the international consortium to develop
| standard Linux-based mobile platform.
`----

http://www.telecomskorea.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5686&Itemid=2

Related:

Purple Labs launches Linux phone

,----[ Quote ]
| Purple Labs has announced a new mobile handset in conjunction with NXP
| Semiconductors aimed at emerging markets – and it runs Linux.
`----

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/02/04/purple_labs_launches_linux_phone/1

Four billion embedded systems shipped in '06

A Linux-powered iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| The most interesting part on Wired magazine's revelation was during iPhone’s
| software development. On a very tight deadline to finish the iPhone right on
| time, Apple software engineers looked carefully at Linux, since it had
|       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| already been rewritten for use on mobile phones. But, Linux on iPhone was
| denied by Steve Jobs for the reason that he do not want to utilize someone
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| else’s software. Just imagine the endless possibilities had Steve agreed. It
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| would have been a big break for Linux, and iPhone could have been a much more
| powerful and smarter mobile device. It would have been a jaw-dropping
| combination of beauty and brains.
|
| Since Linux powered iPhone is now far from reality, I have here some photos
| of make-believe iPhone running with a GNOME desktop and with a Firefox web
| browser.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/01/linux-powered-iphone.html

Microsoft cans key conference