Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 15th of November, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 15th of November, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 07:41:09 +0000
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:G69ZAeQTfHrv6MTpDsCUxn33UDk=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 1108 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     354 1372642     4%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>           156  169690    63%
   3. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            98  124223    44%
   4. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      53   63530    69%
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@xxxxxxxxx>              53  100537    35%
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    45   22585    66%
   7. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   41  127324    42%
   8. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         33   59737    17%
   9. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           25   34684    43%
  10. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               21   37871    81%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   21   26960    28%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       21   20687    74%
  13. 7 <web_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                20   26062    51%
  14. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     19   22126    68%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>              19   47588    43%
  16. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 16   31528    76%
  17. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>             13   35425    69%
  18. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>    8   38061    26%
  19. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                        6    8879    89%
      me@xxxxxxxxxxx                                     6    7192    51%
  21. Mart van de Wege <mvdwege.usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>       5    6703    53%
      jsnover13@xxxxxxxxxxx                              5    8958    29%
      LusoTec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                        5    7593    45%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           5    4929    64%
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@spammerskissmyarse    5    3497    77%
      jsnover13@xxxxxxxxxxx                              5    8119    12%
  27. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                   4    2763    57%
      Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             4    5911    58%
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                4   10455    21%
      GreyCloud <mist@xxxxxxxxxxx>                       4    4992    75%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Windows PowerShell vs. bash examples                    118  197792
   2. Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?           41   45889
   3. [News] Microsoft hurting from Linux Netbook sales        40   66790
   4. Windows, bad for education, good for Microsoft           33   56897
   5. Give your kids more than three employment options        28   41257
      Linux PDA                                                28   43944
   7. Linux ... FAR, FAR easier to install than Windows!       26   55100
   8. AVG disaster breaks Windows, Linux saves the day         25   38079
   9. My new record: 2 seconds before Windows crapped ou       24   37030
  10. What if the Matrix ran under Windows ?                   19   11909
      Windows responsible for productivity loss again !        19   22408
  12. Wintrolls claim FwBuilder is 'available' for Windo       15   18337
      Benchmarks Show Windows 7 Pre-Beta to be Bloated,        15   15799
  14. Vista speech recognition                                 14   12816
  15. Microsoft Missing Netbook Growth as Linux Wins Sal       13   21627
  16. Why Windows Being Bad is Good for Microsoft (or a        12   37254
  17. Another "downgrade" to XP                                11    8034
      Microsoft hurting from Linux Netbook sales               11   15290
      The joys of using Vista                                  11    9455
  20. Get to know the Wintrolls!                               10   21717
      I'm a PC, I'm a Mac, but checkout LINUX!                 10    7797
      Microsoft losing revenue to Linux; only the beginn       10   27218
  23. Microsoft Lamost in Its Teens, Debt Coming                9   17356
      The incident that caused me to stop dual booting a        9   13592
  25. Debian crapware: user afraid to upgrade because he        8    6982
      [News] Warp 2 boots Linux in 2.9 seconds !                8    7019
      Malware thrives in Windows and opens the door for         8   11256
      [Rival] Microsoft Hotmail Sinks Like a Rock, Peopl        8   17651
      Windows 7: The 'Dog Food' Tastes Bad                      8   12615
      Linux Advocates, Wikipedia needs your help!               8   10344
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           69
   2. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           50
   3. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     32
   4. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     31
   5. Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@xxxxxxxxx>                             28
   6. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          22
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             22
   8. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   21
   9. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        20
  10. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        17
  11. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            15
  12. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          11
  13. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    10
  14. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 9
  15. jsnover13@xxxxxxxxxxx                                             8
  16. me@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                    7
  17. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       6
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               6
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       6
  20. Darth Chaos <DarthChaosofRSPW@xxxxxxxxx>                          5
      TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                  5
      7 <web_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                5
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      5
      jsnover13@xxxxxxxxxxx                                             5
  25. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               4
  26. Bob Tennent <BobT@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  3
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          3
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege.usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                      3
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   3
      GreyCloud <mist@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                      3
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    154
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           81
   3. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             77
   4. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           76
   5. me@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                   75
   6. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        74
   7. Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@xxxxxxxxx>                             72
   8. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            70
   9. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          69
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        69
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  69
  12. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          67
  13. 7 <web_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               66
  14. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   64
  15. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     63
  16. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    60
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      60
  18. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              58
  19. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                57
  20. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                      52
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           464
   2. slrn                                                            249
   3. Pan                                                             180
   4. Thunderbird                                                      80
   5. G2/1.0                                                           65
   6. Forte Agent                                                      44
   7. Gnus                                                              6
   8. Mozilla                                                           4
   9. tin                                                               3
  10. Microsoft Outlook Express                                         1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 07:40:47 up 9 days, 15:23,  3 users,  load average: 0.84, 0.34, 0.19