[News] Kernel Storage Discuses, Ted T'so Talks Linux

Linux and object storage devices

,----[ Quote ]
| The btrfs filesystem is widely regarded as being the long-term future choice
| for Linux. But what if btrfs is taking the wrong direction, fighting an old
| war? If the nature of our storage devices changes significantly, our
| filesystems will have to change as well. A lot of attention has been paid to
| the increasing prevalence of flash-based devices, but there is another
| upcoming technology which should be planned for: object storage devices
| (OSDs). The recent posting of a new filesystem called osdfs provides a good
| opportunity to look at OSDs and how they might be supported under Linux.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/305740/

USENIX LISA: Ted T'so Helps with System Crashes and Presents SystemTap

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux kernel developer Ted T'so shared his know-how in a number of tutorials
| at the USENIX LISA conference in San Diego. One theme was getting first help
| for system crashes, and in the process, he took the opportunity to present
| SystemTap.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/online/news/usenix_lisa_ted_t_so_helps_with_system_crashes_and_presents_systemtap

Recent:

Asus breaks sub-$300 price barrier with Eee PC 900A at Best Buy

,----[ Quote ]
| As in 1.6 GHz Intel Atom. So it still comes with Linux pre-installed on the
| 4GB SSD drive and includes 1GB of RAM which is more than plenty. My original
| Eee PC was pretty zippy when running Linux with just half of that.
`----

http://www.jkontherun.com/2008/10/asus-breaks-sub.html

Intel CEO: Linux to dominate MIDs

,----[ Quote ]