Re: Batch processing with Python and the Gimp

____/ Terry Porter on Friday 14 November 2008 00:50 : \____

> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:25:38 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Saw this while waiting for a job to compile:
>>
>>    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=917486
>>
>>     [SOLVED] Batch process with gimp.
>>     What I want to do, but don't know how to do, is use the gimp to
>>     batch convert a large number (i.e. over 1000) of images to black and
>>     white, using the absolutely wonderful B&W film simulation script
>>     that is currently included in Gimp.
>>
>>     Can anyone help me figure out how to do this?
>>
>>     I'm quite comfortable with the command line, but the most
>>     complicated programming I've ever done was on a Ti-83+ calculator.
>>
>>     Much thanks in advance.
>>
>> Took a few weeks for an answer to emerge, but....
>>
>>      Re: Batch process with gimp.
>>      got home.
>>
>>      tried it.
>>
>>      I love you.
>>
>> Kind of sums up some OSS motivations, hm?
>

> Such as OSS is easy to use, and Free ?
>
> Well designed, available for almost every application and by that I mean
> probably 10,000 times more available than monopoly software.
>
> Helpful user community, honest trustworthy people.
>
> Friendly approachable FLOSS software authors who *often* reply to emails
> for help, the same day!

I read stories about a Debian bug being reported, fixed within minutes, and
then the fixed version of the software made available for fetching from the
repository within 45 minutes (since reporting the bug).

The user is happy because the bug is fixed promptly.

The developer is happy because a bug was identified and fixed.

With Microsoft you might have to wait for 7 years...

Microsoft takes 7 years to fix security exploit

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-10094696-62.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Black holes are where God is divided by zero"
Swap:  4088500k total,   417880k used,  3670620k free,   264040k cached