Re: Microsoft losing revenue to Linux; only the beginning

> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Tuesday 11 November 2008 12:36 : \____
>

>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
>>   this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> ____/ Darth Chaos on Tuesday 11 November 2008 01:13 : \____

>>> There is a resemblance to be noted here. Big bosses with big bonuses
>>> amassed
>>> fortunes (maybe in overseas bank account) while leaving their companies
>>> at
>>> high risk or empty shells with no real assets. With the bailout, people
>>> pay
>>> the price while the Fat Cats get to keep their stash and get more
>>> bonuses
>>> for their corruption.
>>>
>>> Similarly, SweatyB, BillG and others built an empire of personal wealth
>>> but
>>> Microsoft is already nearing debt BASED ON PUBLIC DISCLOSURES. The
>>> /reality/
>>> could be more similar to Enron's.
>>
>> Well, they all have 70 days to cash out.  <grin>
>>
>> I hope a little balance comes back with the next administration.
>
> All sorts of stores go titsup overnight, unexpected. There was another
> large
> chain yesterday, with rumours about DSG surfacing too.

During tough economic times the weak companies often get hurt the most. Is
this is surprise to anyone?

> Remember how shocking SCO's bankruptcy seemed at the time? They had a
> visit
> from the SEC just a while earlier and the SEC found nothing wrong.
>
> With Microsoft on the other hand...

On the other hand what??????

> SEC Investigating Microsoft Practices -- Earnings Manipulated, Former
> Employee
> Contends
>
> ,----[  Quote]
> | "The CFO to whom Charlie was reporting his concerns about illegality was
> the
> | biggest advocate for the very illegality that was going on," Vial argued
> in
> | court a year ago.
> `----
>
> http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19990701&slug=2969514

What a load of bullshit. Some disgruntled employee makes some false
accusations back in 1999. There certainly isn't any current SEC
investigation of these charges.

> Microsoft Agrees To Refrain From Accounting Violations in SEC Settlement
>                                                              ^^^^^^^^^^
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft has agreed to refrain from accounting violations to settle
> federal
> | regulators' allegations that it misrepresented its financial
> performance, the
> | government announced Monday.
> |
> | Under a settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the
> software
> | giant neither admitted to nor denied wrongdoing. No fine was imposed.
> |
> | The SEC alleged that Microsoft's accounting practices from July 1994
> through
> | June 1998 caused its income to be substantially misstated.
> `----
>
> http://www.crn.com/it-channel/18819490

Wow... 1994 to 1998. And just when I thought it couldn't get any lamer than
the "news" from 1999.

> Why settle if there was nothing amiss? Why pay Charlie $4 million to shut
> up
> and destroy the evidence of alleged fraud? <
> http://web.archive.org/web/20070308032343rn_2/www.seattleweekly.com/1999-01-06/news/microfraud.php
>>

> Read the article above. It seems like Microsoft got chummy-chummy with the
> SEC.

It would seem that way to an idiot.

> Maybe it's OK, but we don't know for sure. Microsoft was pretty caught
> cheating
> its investors before.
>
> We don't know... the answer might come out one day though.

When exactly did they get caught? There certainly isn't any BS^h^h  "News"
from the last millenium to support that false accusation.