Re: [News] New Version of Wine, New Stable Linux

'Ubuntu King' sock flatly wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> The Wine development release 1.1.8 is now available.
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | What's new in this release (see below for details):
>> |   - Substantial parts of inetcomm implemented (for Outlook).
>> |   - Still better crypt32 support.
>> |   - Memory management improvements.
>> |   - Theming support for buttons.
>> |   - Various bug fixes.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.winehq.org/?announce=1.1.8
>>

> Hello Roy,
>
> this is great news for us all and I would like to thank you for your
> work on Wine. You are knowing more than me

Hello flat cake.

> (as a programmer would of
> course) so can you help me making my games to work with Wine please. I
> was told they would work but they all crash and are not working. IN
> particular I wish to play stalker and Dead Space. But they are not
> working. Do you have a patch which can make them so. My sound is great
> on Linux and I have a powerful GeForce4 MX 460 which really rocks and is
> more powerful on Linux than on virus windows indeed it has pipelines and
> hardware textures. I would like to see Windows have those features.

Delete WINDUMMY OSen from your PC.
Install Linux.
Distros like Saurbraen and games liveCDs and LiveDVDs have plenty
of good alternatives action packed 3D games.

Linux has the highest frame rate x resolution envelope of the
gaming world and as a result all the WINDUMMY games are a poor
cousin of Linux gaming experience.

http://www.livecdlist.com
http://www.distrowatch.com