Re: [News] New Version of Wine, New Stable Linux

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The Wine development release 1.1.8 is now available.
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | What's new in this release (see below for details):
> |   - Substantial parts of inetcomm implemented (for Outlook).
> |   - Still better crypt32 support.
> |   - Memory management improvements.
> |   - Theming support for buttons.
> |   - Various bug fixes.
> `----
>
> http://www.winehq.org/?announce=1.1.8

Hello Roy,

this is great news for us all and I would like to thank you for your
work on Wine. You are knowing more than me (as a programmer would of
course) so can you help me making my games to work with Wine please. I
was told they would work but they all crash and are not working. IN
particular I wish to play stalker and Dead Space. But they are not
working. Do you have a patch which can make them so. My sound is great
on Linux and I have a powerful GeForce4 MX 460 which really rocks and is
more powerful on Linux than on virus windows indeed it has pipelines and
hardware textures. I would like to see Windows have those features.

thanking you

Jose