[News] [Rival] Microsoft is Bribing Against Adobe

Adobe CEO accuses Microsoft of trying to muscle into the web video market

,----[ Quote ]
| Shantanu Narayen says Microsoft is 'opening its chequebook' in a failed
| attempt to get companies to move from Flash to its own Silverlight player
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/nov/04/adobe-flash-player-microsoft-silverlight

Recent:

Ustream.tv negotiating $50 million sale to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Our tipster also mentions that Microsoft would use Ustream as a way to
| promote its Adobe Flash competitor, Silverlight.
`----

http://valleywag.com/354140/ustreamtv-negotiating-50-million-sale-to-microsoft

Microsoft Shares the Love

,----[ Quote ]
| News Brief. I'm a huge fan of guerrilla marketing. Two excellent examples:
| Silverlight valentines and the Martin Luther King Jr. virtual tour.
|
| The first is a collaborative effort by Microsoft's Windows Live and
| Silverlight teams: Valentine's Day e-cards, created using Silverlight. PC
| users can send their love using photos from Flickr or Windows Live Spaces.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/web_services_browser/microsoft_shares_the_love.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Microsoft Shares the Love, but Not with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has put up an invitation to share the love, but not with Linux
| (just bear with me, it will make sense in the end). With Valentine's Day just
| a few weeks away, the teams over at Windows Live and Microsoft Silverlight
| have joined their forces to enable users to spread and share their love.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Shares-the-Love-But-Not-with-Linux-76929.shtml

Related:

Microsoft Shares the Love

,----[ Quote ]
| News Brief. I'm a huge fan of guerrilla marketing. Two excellent examples:
| Silverlight valentines and the Martin Luther King Jr. virtual tour.
|
| The first is a collaborative effort by Microsoft's Windows Live and
| Silverlight teams: Valentine's Day e-cards, created using Silverlight. PC
| users can send their love using photos from Flickr or Windows Live Spaces.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/web_services_browser/microsoft_shares_the_love.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Microsoft's Silverlight Promises to Disrupt Linux Web Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Just as it seemed that Linux users (especially 64-bit users) would
| finally be able to enjoy streaming content with a minimum of
| hassle, Microsoft's new Silverlight software promises to throw a
| wrench in the works. Because of sites like Google Video and
| Youtube, Flash video has become a common means of streaming
| multimedia over the Internet.

Microsoft's 'Everywhere' excludes Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| This browser add-on enables rendering of WPF content, but
| "Everywhere" doesn't include Linux.

ECIS Accuses Microsoft of Plotting HTML Hijack

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/ECIS_Accuses_Microsoft_of_Plotting_HTML_Hijack/1169824569