Re: The incident that caused me to stop dual booting and go to Linux

After takin' a swig o' grog, owl belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> More goodness from Workstation 6.5:
>
> https://www.vmware.com/support/ws65/doc/releasenotes_ws65.html#majornew
>
> <quote>
> # Unity mode ??? Integrate your favorite guest applications with your
> host. Open the application window, enter Unity mode, and the Workstation
> window is automatically minimized. The guest application windows look
> just like host application windows, but with color-coded borders. You
> can access the virtual machine's Start menu (for Windows virtual machines)
> or Applications menu (for Linux virtual machines) by placing the
> mouse pointer over the host's Start or Applications menu, or by using
> a key combination.  Note: Unity mode is supported only experimentally
> for Linux guests.
>
> # Accelerated 3-D graphics on Windows XP guests ???
> Workstation 6.5 virtual machines now work with applications that use
> DirectX 9 accelerated graphics with shaders up through Shader Model 2.0
> on Windows XP guests. Hosts can be running Windows 2000, Windows XP,
> Windows Vista, or Linux.
> </quote>
>
> The Unity thingy is cool.  Kinda freaky having an XP DOS window floating
> on my desktop.  Put the mouse on the upper left corner of the desktop
> and you get the start menu for XP.

Fsck that!  I'll keep Windows in its own little sandbox, shank you very
much! <grin>

--
All your people must learn before you can reach for the stars.
		-- Kirk, "The Gamesters of Triskelion", stardate 3259.2