[News] Recommended GNOME/Ubuntu Tweaks, Custom Ubuntu Live CD Tutorial

Five Tweaks for Your New Ubuntu Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| With the recent release of the popular Linux distro Ubuntu's 8.10 version,
| code-named Intrepid Ibex, we've recently detailed some productive-minded
| Ubuntu Kung Fu, as well as a user-minded tour through 8.10. This morning,
| though, we're taking a more nuts-and-bolts look at changes you can make to
| your newly-installed system to make it faster, reliable, and more enjoyable
| from the inside out. Read on for five tweaks that any Ubuntu user (or Linux
| user in general) should consider making to get started on the right foot.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5076585/five-tweaks-for-your-new-ubuntu-desktop

Remastersys - Create custom Ubuntu (live) CD - Tutorial

,----[ Quote ]
| Remastersys is very handy application that allows you to clone and backup
| your Linux distribution, including root, home, other partitions, and all
| personal, custom configuration to a fully deployable, bootable live CD.
|
| Remastersys works for several distributions, including Ubuntu and its
| derivatives, like Linux Mint and Klikit Linux.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/remastersys.html

Recent:

Installing Ubuntu 8.10 To A USB Flash Drive

,----[ Quote ]
| ONE of the features of Ubuntu 8.10 I overlooked in my recent review was the
| utility included for creating a bootable version of Intrepid Ibex on a USB
| Flash memory stick.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/11/installing-ubuntu-810-to-usb-flash.html

Ubuntu's Live USB Disk Creator