[News] New KDE4 Release, More KDE Applications and Games

KDE Community Improves Desktop with KDE 4.1.3 Codenamed "Change"

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE Community Ships Third Translation and Service Release of the 4.1 Free
| Desktop, Containing Numerous Bugfixes, Performance Improvements and
| Translation Updates
`----

http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.1.3.php

KDE PIM Triage this Sunday November 9th

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.2 is approaching. Now that the end of the creative feature
| implementation phase is almost at an end with the Hard Feature Freeze on the
| 17th of November,
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1225973510/

KDEGames review day invitation.

,----[ Quote ]
| We at KDEGames always strive for perfection when it comes to the playware we
| provide
|
| And even now, in the midst of the world's worst economic crisis, KDEGames is
| dedicated to deliver fun and happiness on to your desktop. But it is now,
| more then ever, that we need your help!
`----

http://my.opera.com/it-s/blog/2008/11/05/kdegames-review-day-invitation

Recent:

Quick Look at KDE 4.2-SVN

,----[ Quote ]
| As the work on KDE 4.2 turns out to be on quite an advanced stage, I’ve
| decided to test the current development version.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/quick-look-at-kde-42-svn/

KDE 4.1.2 Release Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE Community Improves Desktop with KDE 4.1.2 Codenamed "Codename"
|
| KDE Community Ships Second Translation and Service Release of the 4.1 Free
| Desktop, Containing Numerous Bugfixes, Performance Improvements and
| Translation Updates
`----

http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.1.2.php

KDE 4 Is The New KDE 3 (Are You Ready?)

,----[ Quote ]
| So I have been wondering for some time "Is KDE 4 ready for me to use
| full-time?". That coupled with me being totally institutionalised by my KDE
| 3.5 desktop has meant that I just haven't made the switch. The truth is, KDE
| 4.1 rocks pretty damn hard. My mission at Linux Expo Live this week is to try
| a convert as many people as I can into KDE 4.1 users. The approach is not to
| convince people the KDE 4 is ready for them. It's subtler than that; it is to
| convince them that they are ready for KDE 4.
`----

http://hemswell.lincoln.ac.uk/~padams/index.php?entry=entry081019-212704

Related:

KDE 4 rev 802150: Work in progress

,----[ Quote ]
| KWin with Wobbly Windows
|
| Kwin features a new visual effect known to most of you from Compiz: the
| Wobbly Windows. Only a few days ago the settings panel for this effect had
| tons of detailed options. Most of these options have been disabled now, the
| only thing that can be configured is the window deformation level while in
| motion. This seems more appropriate for a common user since the number of
| configurable settings was overwhelming before. One minor flaw that I noticed
| in KWin Wobble Windows is that the window shadow is not properly deformed (it
| does not adjust to the current shape of the window).
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev-802150-work-in-progress/

KDE 4 rev 790000: Better stability and performance

,----[ Quote ]
| This is another revision of the development version of KDE 4 environment.
| Lots of you have asked why it took me so long to publish this article. Well,
| I was just waiting for rev 790000, that’s all. I hope that your curiosity
| will be satisfied since there’s been a lot of changes to describe this time.
| I did my best.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev-790000-better-stability-and-performance/

KDE 4.1: Visual Changelog (rev 783000)